Work With Us

Physical Therapy Assistant - #6313

Category:  LRHC Technical

80 hours per two-week pay period available within the Physical Therapy department.

The purpose of this position is to provide physical therapy care to the patients of Lake Region Healthcare Corporation according to the physical therapy practice act for the State of Minnesota. To serve on various hospital committees as assigned. This position involves direct care under the supervision of a Registered Physical Therapist. The services provided by this position involve about 80% inpatient population and of these patients, nearly all are over the age of adolescence, however, occasionally there is a pediatric case. The remaining 20 % are either one day surgical patients or outpatients. Of these cases, the majority of the cases are post adolescence with an occasional pediatric case. The diagnosis represented would include orthopedic, neurologic, geriatric, medical, and an occasional oncology type case.

Treatment programs are generally outlined by physician protocol or based on the findings of the physical therapy assessment. Specific procedures include therapeutic exercise, gait training, transfer training, postural training, strengthening, coordination exercises, and the various range of motion exercises. Modalities include whirlpool, all forms of heat and high voltage electrical stimulation, TNS, and massage. The actual content of this position is defined by the Physical Therapy Practice Act.

 Associates degree from an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant Program; Obtain and maintain current MN licensure. This position requires current Healthcare Provider level CPR certification upon hire or must be obtained within 6 months.Must be punctual in nature and capable of staying on schedule with patient care. Must be punctual in reporting to work.

 In order for your application to be considered, you must complete application and online survey. Resumes submitted without completed application and survey, will not be considered for employment. Information can be found at


Fergus Falls, MN

EEO/AA/Drug Testing Required/Tobacco Free Campus